SMA Sunny Boy SB3.0-US-41 to SB7.7-US-41 Grid-Tie Inverters
The SMA Sunny Boy SB-41 series of transformerless single-phase residential inverters can be used for both residential single phase 120/240 VAC applications, as well as for three-phase 208 and three-phase 240 volt applications, when used in groups of three inverters to balance the phases. These inverters utilize three separate MPPT channels, allowing more stringing options, and up to three array facings. The integrated DC disconnect simplifies and speeds installation. Solar array monitoring through SMA's Sunny Portal has also have been simplified, as these inverters ship with factory installed WiFi capable data loggers that enable fast and easy connection to the Sunny Portal platform, and can be field configured via a laptop, smart phone, or other WiFi enabled device.
SMA's unique Secure Power Supply feature has been improved, and now can supply up to 2,000 W (15 A / 120 VAC) of power to a protected outlet during a grid outage, which provides a single 'protected' outlet useful for recharging portable devices or a small UPS directly from the PV array.
Power+ MLPE devices with the ROOFCOMKIT-P2 can be utilized for states that have adopted NEC2017 code to provide module level optimization, shade mitigation, and/or rapid shutdown functionality, based on customer needs and price point. These inverters are now Sunspec compliant, and can also use the new TS4-R-F MLPE devices to comply with NEC2017 module level RSD, without needed the ROOFCOMKIT. In states still enforcing NEC 2014 code, the SMA Rapid Shutdown Boxes and Controller can still be used.
These SMA inverters are listed to UL 1741, UL 1998, UL 1699B, and are compliant with IEEE-1547, and FCC Part 15 (Class A & B), as well as both ground and arc fault detection per NEC 2011. They are covered by a standard 10-year warranty, with 5-year and 10-year extensions available.
- CEC Rated Efficiencies of up to 97.0%
- 2,000 W Secure Power Supply (requires installation of a dedicated outlet)
- Operating temperatures of -40 F to +140 F
- Up to three MPPT input circuits - 10 A max usable current (18 A max Isc) per MPPT input
- Integrated AFCI for arc-fault protection
- Available in sizes from 3.0 kW to 7.7 kW AC Output
- Field selectable 240 VAC Single-Phase or 208/240 VAC three-phase output
- NEC 2014 / NEC 2017 Rapid Shutdown Compliant
- SMA Rapid Shutdown Box and Controller (NEC 2014)
- SMA TS4-R-S/TS4-R-O Power+ Optimizers with ROOFCOMKIT-P2 (NEC 2017)
- SMA TS4-R-F Power+ MLPE, with SunSpec Communication (NEC 2017)
- 10-year standard warranty, with upgrade option to 20 years
- Listed to UL 1741 and UL1699B for U.S.A. and Canada
- Compliant with: IEEE 1547, IEEE 929, FCC Part 15 A& B , CSA C22.2 107.1-1
- Compliant to UL 1741-SA (CA Rule 21) requirements
|Manufacturer Part Number||AC Output Max||DC Array Voltage||CEC Efficiency||Minimum Input String Voltage||Minimum MPPT Range||Maximum MPPT Range||MPPT Circuits||Number of String Inputs||Maximum AC Current||Weight|